t my parents’, we have an annual Easter egg hunt, despite the fact that we are all at least 12 years too old for such antics. The point of the hunt isn’t really finding the chocolate and gorging until we have to allocate one person to roll the rest of us into the dining room for lunch. The real point is finding the most difficult places for the eggs for my oldest brother, so we can sit back and snigger as he wanders about looking for them.
Until this year. This year, with one heart attack behind us and a wedding in the near future, we’re foregoing the chocolate. Instead, I’ll have to live vicariously through you lot and Instagram. This month’s round-up slightly reflects this.
Last thing before we hop off to the good stuff…don’t forget that you can get £10 off at Bloom & Wild (in time for Mothers Day) here! This isn’t even a paid-for endorsement, they’re just…really good.
- Hot cross bread and butter pudding @ The Dinner Bell
- Chocolate carrot nest cake @ The Bearded Bakery
- A seriously beautiful Easter checkerboard cake @ Supergolden Bakes
- Creme egg millionaires shortbread @ A Magpie in the Sky
- 23 (!) vegan Easter meal ideas @ Oh She Glows
Easter around the world
- Maamoul, a Lebanese Easter cake @ The Food Blog
- A healthier twist on Russia’s pashka @ Rejuvenated for Life
- Tsoureki, the Greek Easter bread @ My Greek Dish
- Mexican bread pudding, capirotada @ Muy Bueno
- Easter lamb pie, a delicacy in Sicily @ Saveur
- Colomba di Pasqua, or Easter dove bread, is Italy’s Easter treat, which not dissimilar to panettone @ Ciao Italia
Well, we’ve just had St David’s Day, so we can’t ignore leek, really. Also they’re dead cheap in the supermarket right now. No excuses, you.
- Leek, mushroom, and tomato quiche @ Belleau Kitchen
- A classic leek & potato soup @ The Last Food Blog
- Leek and smoked mackerel quiche @ The Hedgecombers
- Oven-baked pumpkin & leek risotto @ The Veg Space
- Leek, potato and bacon hotpot @ London Unattached
- Ham, leek, and sweetcorn chowder @ Life on a Plate