It’s a new year! It’s a new you! It’s time to give up sugar, and booze, and fun!
Just kidding. I took these chocolate tahini cupcakes into the office the first day back, then made a massive green smoothie – the kind of broken “balance” logic employed the rest of the year, but with added glitter sprinkles for some pizzazz for 2017. Instead of resolutions that require an abrupt end to previous habits and tend to drop off after a month at best, I’ll go in favour of better balance, particular with this ace daily goal tracker.
We’re easing into slightly more exciting produce at this time of year too, with forced rhubarb coming in, and loads of green stuff, livened up with sweet potatoes – which are in the middle of their season – and the last of the beetroot until the summer.
- Brussel sprout gratin @ Moral Fibres
- Chestnut and celeriac soup @ Food to Glow
- Chicory, orange and feta salad with mint @ RetrEAT
- Cinnamon carrot soda bread @ Veggie Desserts
- Sicilian orzo with cauliflower and saffron @ The Veg Space
- Loooooads of kale salad recipes @ Cookie + Kate
- Leek, mushroom and cheddar pasta bake @ Don’t Feed After Midnight (Click for more leek recipes!)
- Carrot and parsnip fries @ My Fussy Eater
- Smoked haddock and sweet potato hash @ A Dash of Ginger
- Red velvet beetroot pancakes @ My Fussy Eater