So, it’s not really a matter of “in season” but it’s the season for pumpkin, right? This year, the hoopla around pumpkin seems to have come to a peak – my local supermarket was overrun with them from the first of October and, well, the telltale sign is the bizarre backlash in the media. I’ve seen for-and-against. I’ve seen pumpkin spice hate. This, on the cultural significance of it all, was a really interesting read. But more importantly, the food! One of my favourite pumpkin finds was pumpkin spice chocolate muffins with maple cream cheese frosting (Flourishing Foodie).
Aaaand onwards, to the rest of what’s in in October.
- Creamy cauliflower soup with brown butter @ Love and Olive Oil
- Loaded cauliflower & chicken casserole @ Rachel Schultz
- Cauliflower garlic “breadsticks” @ An Edible Mosaic
On the way out
- Buttery cornbread @ Mbakes (pictured)
- Corn & goats cheese pizza @ Sprouted Kitchen
- Corn, cheddar and scallion strata @ Smitten Kitchen
- Coconut cream spinach @ Love and Lemons
- Spinach & buckwheat egg bake @ A Magpie in the Sky
- Wholemeal spinach, goats cheese and prosciutto pizza @ The Dinner Bell (pictured)
- Herbed summer squash and potato torte @ Smitten Kitchen
- Finnish grated potato casserole @ Girl Cooks World