Following requests for this best-ever brownie recipe, we’ve had a rummage in the archives and come up with treasure!
300g dark chocolate, broken up
300g unsalted butter
400g caster sugar
80g cocoa powder
130g self raising flour
70g plain flour
50g salted pistachios
100g white chocolate chunks
Sprinkle of sea salt
- Preheat the oven to 180 C/350 F. Grease and line a large rectangle brownie tin (mine is about 30cm long) and set aside.
- Whisk the eggs in a bowl and add in the broken up chocolate.
- Start by browning the butter – this is a great how-to. Once it smells delicious and nutty and is foaming on top, remove from the heat and let the foam die down.
- Mix in the sugar and whisk until dissolved.
- Add the butter/sugar mix to the eggs and chocolate and keep stirring until the chocolate has melted and the mixture is smooth.
- In a separate bowl, whisk the cocoa powder and flours together and fold into the liquid ingredients.
- Stir in the pistachios and white chocolate chunks.
- Pour into the brownie tin, sprinkle over the salt and bake for 18-20 minutes, until the top is crispy and it wobbles a little.
- Remove from the oven and let cool in the tin before slicing up (or diving right in!).