h September. The month of new beginnings and shiny shoes, golden leaves and apple pies. So many years after leaving school, September still feels like the start of something – and the changing of the seasons brings with it a plethora of culinary goodies in deepest orange and darkest blue.
This month, we kiss goodbye to plums, blueberries, and Bramley apples, and we welcome in, among so many others, blackberries, kale, and squash.
Coming into season
- Blueberry & blackberry crumble @ Green Kitchen Stories
- Blackberry thyme muffins @ The Faux Martha
- Ricotta blackberry shortcakes with honey and thyme @ The Bojon Gourmet (pictured)
- Kale & pumpkin seed pesto @ My Darling Lemon Thyme
- Kale & quinoa salad with apples, pecans, and cranberries @ Flourishing Foodie
On the way out
More info on when each type of apple is in season here.
- Maple-glazed apple bacon scones @ Bojon Gourmet
- Spiced carrot, Bramley apple and lentil soup @ Bramley Apples