These blondies would go perfectly, warm from the oven, with a scoop of good vanilla ice cream. Man I wish I tried that. I used the steam function again on my AEG Steambake oven to get a really good crispy top on the blondies. Who knew steam in baking was so versatile? Probably most experienced bakers but I’m loving experimenting with it.
120g unsalted butter, melted
1 large egg
200g light brown sugar
1 tablespoon white miso paste
130g plain flour
1 teaspoon ground ginger
pinch of salt
100g white chocolate, chopped into chunks
- Preheat oven to 180c / 350f / gas mark 4. Line a greased 8 inch square baking tin with greaseproof paper and set aside.
- In a small pan, gently heat the butter and miso and whisk together to combine. The miso won’t mix in completely but will break down just enough to whisk in.
- Leave to cool for a few minutes.
- Add the egg and sugar and whisk again until smooth.
- Add the flour, ginger and salt, and stir until just combined.
- Add the chocolate chunks and stir until evenly distributed
- Transfer to the baking tin and bake on the middle shelf for 20 minutes. Leave to cool for at least 15 minutes if you want them still warm.